Voice User Interaction Designer/Analyst Intern (Summer 2021)
Versay Solutions is seeking a VUI Designer/Analyst Intern interested in voice and conversational interaction design. As a VUI Designer/Analyst Intern, you will be expected to build a collection of links and conduct research to build resources for voice and conversational design, as well as creating templates, prototypes and /or sample designs for various types of projects. This role is team-oriented, as you will collaborate with other highly technical staff to accomplish project deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have a strong linguistics background to understand the nuances of the English language. The candidate will have knowledge of research best practices. Additionally, the candidate will be eager to learn, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct research to identify how to improve current voice designs
- Conduct external research to identify new technologies and current best practices in the UX Design field
- Create prototypes, sample applications, templates, and other artifacts to support a VUI design resource library
- Conduct analysis on existing designs to support best practice recommendations
- Attend team meetings and present status updates of project, including new research discoveries and project deliverables
- Perform heuristic evaluation of other companies’ processes that are similar to Versay
- Analyze audio-based data to assist in making improvements to call flows
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Linguistics, English, Communications, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience (UX), or a related field
- General technical skills, including Microsoft Office, statistics/data analysis
- Thorough understanding of research process best practices
- Experience working in a highly technical environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with chatbots
- Knowledge of interactive voice response (IVR) applications
- Familiarity with speech and language technologies, e.g. Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Text-to-Speech (TTS), etc.
Spoken language is capable of conveying highly-nuanced meanings and intents and, by extension, greatly influence perception and experiences. At Versay, we believe in the unique power of the human voice to create more expressive, more engaging, and more efficient interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge conversational systems and real-time analytics, Versay technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
At Versay we strive to cultivate a supportive culture of continuous learning where employees are encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals by providing innovative telephony solutions that enhance customer contact center experiences. We entrust our employees to work autonomously and also encourage contribution to the decision-making process in a highly collaborative environment where open communication is fostered amongst teams. Product development is centered around the end user to ensure Versay’s products are efficient, productive and add value for our clients.