Location: 5370 S. Cicero Ave., Chicago, IL
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
About this job:
As the Inventory Supervisor you’re a leader. You know the rules and motivate the Warehouse, Inventory and Pick Pack teams to achieve their goals. Your positivity and team spirit will guide/create a high performing team to meet the ever increasing demands of a rapidly growing company.
- This job is exciting because you’re essentially the manager-on-duty in the evenings (although there will be another supervisor from a different department there). You’ll set the tone for the shift and be present to help trouble-shoot.
- You will be responsible for tracking the data from the night: start and end times for each of the rooms and number of employees. Your data will allow you to measure success or identify opportunities for improvement.
- You’ll oversee the pulling and staging or product, tools and equipment for the next day of production.
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 3 years of supervisory or management experience
- Experience with promoting morale or team motivation
- Experience with MS Excel or Google Sheets to track metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Leadership. You are an inspirational leader who knows how to motivate teams and maintain morale.
- Improvement Oriented. You know your team is doing a good job; however, you keep track of data so that others can understand their performance too. You use this data as an insight into potential improvement.
- Confidence. You know your job and your demeanor inspires your teams to trust you.
- Humility. You appreciate everyone and the contributions that they make. The work of others is just as valuable as your own.
- Flexibility. You can pivot quickly as needed and it doesn’t bother you. In fact, you see these changes as fun challenges to conquer.
- Traditional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Competitive starting salary & room for advancement
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: