Lead Product Designer
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
How big is the team and how is it structured?
Braintree Product Designers are part of the larger Braintree Product Team which spans offices in Chicago, San Francisco, and Austin. Product Designers work in a closely collaborative team model with a Product Manager, several Developers and a Team Manager. Our designers care just as much about how our product works as how it looks; we ship often and iterate until we get it right. Our largest design-focused team has 3 product designers and we have ~10 Product Designers throughout the company; you will have a chance to make a major impact on your product and our design direction.
What Our Team Offers:
- A refreshing degree of autonomy
- A chance to work on products with a large user base
- A place open to new ideas and exploration in design
- An opportunity to help define and grow Design at Braintree
Braintree is looking to add a full-stack Lead Product Designer to our growing team. You’re comfortable jumping between wireframes, visual mockups and code. You’re passionate about user experience and accessibility. You also have the ability to identify overarching design problems and themes, and have an excellent understanding of how the small nuanced details build towards a bigger picture. You have a portfolio of varied product work that demonstrates strong, user-centered experience design, solid user flows and that special sauce that makes everything you design a joy to use.
As a Lead, you have been someone that other designers looked to for design advice, mentorship, and guidance. You have shaped overall design direction and helped break it down into smaller goals for other designers. You have built product roadmaps and helped to bridge design tasks with development tasks. You have extensive experience advocating for designs with stakeholders and developers.
The Lead Product Designer on the Panels team will head up a group of designers building the main control panel for Braintree, which is the daily view for how merchants interact with the product. This is the ‘face of the product’ for the majority of our clients and heavily informs their experience with Braintree.
- Design and test functional, elegant, and accessible experiences.
- Write production quality HTML & CSS and pair with developers or designers to execute projects
- Collaborate with fellow Product Designers to help elevate and promote design at Braintree
- Communicate effectively with non-designers and work with those outside the design team to build better products
- Learn and adapt to new systems, tools, and ways of thinking
- 7+ years design experience, with 3+ years as a Product Designer
- As comfortable with HTML and CSS as you are with design applications like Sketch
- You’ve designed and committed code to a Product that has shipped
- Passion for design and accessibility, and an understanding of complex user flows
- Ability to organize your work, prioritize tasks, and communicate clearly
What our Product Designers have been working on:
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
Please include your portfolio in your application.