What makes Pampered Chef unique
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continually getting better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will take ownership of key projects and work closely with our leaders. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities across our industry. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
About the Legal Coordinator Role
The Legal coordinator joins a small legal team that works cross functionally with every other department in the organization. The team is responsible for conducting IP clearance, managing the IP portfolio, negotiating contracts, reviewing marketing materials, handling product claims, executing brand protection efforts, and ensuring compliance of corporate practices. In addition, the legal team provides education to all departments on legal issues and developments that impact the business.
As a Legal Coordinator, you will:
- Assist General Counsel and Staff Attorney with executing Brand Protection Strategy by identifying and shutting down unauthorized third party sellers.
- Utilize contract management system to review, log, track, and report on new and existing contracts.
- Assist General Counsel and Staff Attorney with compliance measures with local and international data protection and privacy laws.
- Provide support to the legal team as needed by coordinating audit materials, drafting correspondence on behalf of attorneys and ensuring compliance with Berkshire Hathaway guidelines.
- Perform corporate recordkeeping tasks associated with the business.
- Track and monitor the receipt of certificates of insurance for outside vendors and manufacturers.
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, discovery, subpoenas, employment verifications, bankruptcy notices, etc.
- Track and respond to garnishments, unemployment claims/questionnaires, and tax levies on behalf of Pampered Chef consultants.
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 0-3 years of relevant experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- A motivated individual who is flexible and has the acumen to provide support to the General Counsel in an effort to advance the strategic, operational and business objectives of the Company.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise workload, perform with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Background experience working in a corporate setting is preferred.
More about Pampered Chef
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for world class people to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.