Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for a motivated self-starter to join our legal team. Our new in-house attorney will directly interface with various internal clients and will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and managing Avant’s agreements with our vendors.
This role will report to the Deputy General Counsel. You will get the best of both worlds here at Avant: you’ll have the in-house counsel lifestyle and the opportunity to work on exciting, cutting-edge transactions.
What you do at Avant
- Working closely and building relationships with various internal teams to analyze and communicate legal risks, provide legal advice and support such teams in relation to vendor agreements.
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating, amending and managing Avant’s vendor agreements.
- Preparing and implementing forms and processes for negotiating, executing, amending and on-boarding vendors.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with such vendor agreements and establishing a process for ongoing monitoring of obligations under vendor agreements.
Why you are a fit for Avant
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school Membership in a State Bar
- 5+ years of law firm/ in-house experience
- Experience drafting, negotiating and executing corporate transactions
- Experience negotiating technology/software services agreements
- Experience negotiating and drafting capital markets contracts
- Membership in Illinois State Bar
- Business-oriented approach to finding unique and cost-effective solutions to legal issues
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Strong document drafting skills
- Collaborative nature
- Ability to work under pressure for a fast-paced growth-stage company
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.