Associate Attorney at Fusion Risk Management
Fusion Risk Management is recognized as the most innovative and fastest-growing provider of business continuity, IT disaster recovery and crisis management solutions for the enterprise. The Fusion Framework® Continuity Risk Management System™ is built by industry experts and delivered on Force.com, the world's leading cloud-based application platform. Offering a new and better approach to Business Continuity Management, Fusion is transforming the industry and has been named a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Business Continuity Management software. Our customers include mid-size and large enterprise organizations up through the Fortune 50 and across industry verticals including financial services, manufacturing, energy and utilities, retail, pharmaceuticals, government, and higher education. Fusion provides world-class Advisory Consulting Services to assist and guide our customers in building and evolving their business continuity programs. At Fusion Risk Management, we are uniquely focused on the success of our customers and the success of their BCM programs.
Fusion is adding talented individuals to our team who are inspired by the challenge of solving business problems through the thoughtful and creative use of technology. Fusion offers a challenging work environment with limitless opportunity for personal and professional growth for individuals with a passion for solving business problems using the latest cloud-based technologies. Sound interesting? Then read on!
The Associate Attorney is an integral part of the legal team reporting to the Vice President of Legal, assisting employees across the entire organization. Specifically, you will:
- Engage in customer-facing contract negotiation to enable the sale of Fusion’s product and services and provide support to the Vice President of Legal in the various transactional and corporate governance efforts.
- Draft, review, and negotiate SaaS, partner and customer agreements with both large and small corporate customers.
- Assist with legal projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- Stay current on changing regulations, laws, and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- Be up for handling anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- J.D. and admittance to a state bar
- 5+ years of experience in software / SaaS licensing business-to-business negotiation
- Technical experience or corporate IT security (e.g., SOC 2, ISO, etc.) experience preferred
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent computer and technical skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, meeting deadlines and to proactively communicate status updates
- This role is based in Chicago, IL