Associate Counsel - Compensation
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowner with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
Guaranteed Rate is working to reinvent the mortgage experience through innovation, technology and relentless focus on providing industry-leading mortgage products and superlative customer service. The Compensation Counsel will embrace these efforts by supporting the Guaranteed Rate legal team on contract, compensation, employment matters and other special projects while helping to keep the day-to-day operations of the legal department running smoothly. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, solve problems creatively, prioritize relentlessly, exercise business judgement soundly, and operate with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Compensation and employment related task including drafting and managing employment agreements, compensation plans and related agenda for employees of Guaranteed Rate and its affiliated companies.
- Act as a liaison between business operations, finance, human resources and the legal department for Guaranteed Rate with respect to compensation matters.
- Manage contract forms, terms and conditions of employment.
- Assist legal department with overflow work as necessary.
- Ability to complete projects under tight timelines.
- Willingness to learn the business and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic.
- Clear, concise and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Solid business acumen with ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking and working under a heavy workload with changing priorities.
- Familiarity with the Loan Officer Compensation Rule, 12 CFR & 1026.369(d)-€, preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resilient with a sense of humor.
- Skilled at Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Graduated from an accredited Law School with a Juris Doctor degree.
- Local candidates only
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law