Associate Counsel at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in the insurtech space, and we’re currently looking to add more extraordinary people to our team.
What is an Associate Counsel at Clearcover?
Clearcover is seeking a lawyer to join our in-house legal team to assist with a broad range of responsibilities. Our Associate Counsel will be part of our growing Legal Department, which supports various internal business units and our Holding Company and Insurance Company.
What will you do?
- Drafting & Negotiating all types of agreements, including, Service Contracts, Vendor Contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Independent Producer Agreements, Rights Releases, Statement of Work, Master Service Agreements, Force Majeure Clauses, Licensing Agreements, Termination provisions. Contracts negotiated would service several internal business units: Tech, Insurance Product, Marketing & Growth/Sales;
- Maintaining a Contract Management System;
- Draft and maintain all regulatory paperwork and oversee/handle filings for NAIC and state launches, and keep a yearly schedule of annual re-filings for Insurance Company in each state we write business and in states we launch as a new carrier;
- Oversee annual statutory filings for both Holding Company and Insurance Company;
- General Corporate legal work for Holding Company and Insurance Company, including with any legal-related to Property, including Headquarters and any regional offices;
- Assist the HR department with any in house legal matters, including revision and review of Employee Handbook and Company policies, as well as Separation and Employment Agreements;
- Handle and oversee legal work related to capital money raise and/or acquisitions.
What do you have?
- Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in mid to large-sized law firm or an in-house equivalent
- Outstanding communication skills required in order to work effectively with leadership and peers, and the ability to articulate compliance-related concepts to both, technical and non-technical staff
- Law firm or corporate experience legal work related to debt and/or capital money raise for corporations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, is required
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills are required
Nice to haves:
- Experience with legal work with Holding Company subsidiary structure
- Experience with legal work for a Company that has done an IPO or acquisition
- Experience with internal regulatory and compliance audits
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social