Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for an attorney to join our growing legal team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced product counsel to join our regulatory legal team as Associate General Counsel, reporting to the Deputy General Counsel. This is a highly visible role throughout Avant, which will require you to build strong relationships among teammates and business partners. You will collaborate closely with product managers, cross-departmental leadership, as well as legal and compliance department colleagues, taking a leadership role in advising our auto lending business unit on specific aspects of product development and implementation.
What you do at Avant:
- Help build a best-in-class auto lending program.
- Integrate into the day-to-day operations of the auto lending team, assisting with the provision of legal, business, and strategic advice.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws, in close collaboration with colleagues in the legal and compliance teams.
- Identify issues that may fall outside your expertise, driving resolution by partnering with other members of the legal team and outside counsel.
- Work cross-departmentally with stakeholders in Compliance, Marketing, Finance, Security, Internal Audit, Data, Analytics, and members of Avant’s leadership team.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of complex legal requests and coordinate closely with legal department colleagues to ensure the swift delivery of smart, practical advice.
- Operate in a fast paced, demanding environment and manage multiple projects to meet leadership's needs.
- Train the Auto Team on your areas of subject matter expertise.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- J. D. degree with 5+ years of legal experience, including in-house with a consumer financial services business or a fintech company. Auto lending experience preferred.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations applicable to Avant and auto lending, including Dodd Frank, UDAAP, GLBA, FCRA, FDCPA, and TILA.
- Excellent judgement, clear communication, and business pragmatism.
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.