We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Relativity is seeking a technology transactions lawyer with 10+ years’ experience. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, this position will be responsible for leading and implementing strategic and tactical contract initiatives, including providing senior management with effective advice, managing the contracts function and overseeing an experienced team of transactional attorneys and paralegals for the organization. The transactions leader will be directly involved in negotiating complex business transactions and critical contracts by speaking to and negotiating with customers, influencing other executives and representing Relativity. This critical, global and impactful role frequently involves highly-visible activities within Relativity and requires true partner to the business. This role will regularly interact with Executives, such as Sales, and major customers.
- Sets vision and direction for Commercial Transaction team through career development and training opportunities
- Manage, motivate and coach experienced contract attorneys and paralegals
- Supervise the review, drafting and negotiation of contracts
- Negotiate and draft complex SaaS and on-premise licensing agreements, vendor agreements and other technology agreements
- Develop and manage the global contracts lifecycle including contract request, contract initiation, review, approval, routing, storage and record keeping
- Ensure quality, cycle time and other related performance metrics of Relativity’s contracting
- Counsel internal clients on contract interpretation, risk allocation and other matters, providing pragmatic and actionable business advice based on in-depth knowledge of the company and technology market
- Collaborates with the Sales Executive and sales leadership team to develop and lead corporate initiatives to improve contract processes and policies
- Law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Experience with interpretation and application of U.S. government contract procurement statutes and contract clauses preferred but not required
- JD degree from an accredited law school and license to practice in the United States
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant technology transaction experience, with focus on drafting and negotiating complex technology transactions
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing others and supervising a team of contract professionals (attorneys and paralegals)
- Proven success creating and implementing process to make overall contract process more efficient, including prior experience managing, and preferably implementing, a contract lifecycle management tool
- Substantial experience in SaaS, cloud computing and on-premise licensing
- Outstanding drafting skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional judgement and proactive problem solver with willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the details
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.