Chief Compliance Officer at Pangea Money Transfer
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:23 a.m. (CST) on Friday, July 23, 2021
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair, and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
The Pangea Compliance team ensures our business is consistent with current financial regulations. This team balances legal and compliance requirements with the needs of our users. We’re looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to help the company scale its operations globally.
As Chief Compliance Officer, you will manage an international team of Compliance and Regulatory associates, ensuring proper initiatives are in place to ensure the company maintains compliance with state and federal regulations.
You will manage the Transaction Monitoring, AML, Regulatory, and Mexico Compliance functions. You will also be responsible for developing Pangea’s overall policies, procedures, processes, and controls (i.e. “control environment”) governing the operations for Pangea, and ensuring overall global compliance.
- Update and expand the company’s compliance manual and procedures to mitigate AML/CTF risk.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the control environment and systems for risk, governance, and compliance issues.
- Make recommendations for the maturation of internal processes and controls.
- Support AML Officer in the oversight of AML program.
- Report on metrics related to the health of the company’s AML operations.
- Conduct due diligence process for new partners and Enterprise clients.
- Represent Pangea to regulators, banking partners, and investors to explain Pangea’s compliance program and gain approval for innovative new product offerings.
- Own and manage internal and state exams.
- Respond to information requests from state and federal regulators, law enforcement, partners, and other financial institutions pursuant to 314(b) requests.
- Manage periodic, ad-hoc, filing FinCEN obligations (amended registrations, re-registrations, renewals, FBARs, and other applicable filings).
- Ensure compliance with state licensing requirements in partnership with the Regulatory Affairs Associate.
- Manage ad-hoc state reporting in the event of a change in control, new product launch, changes at the board level, and/or any other company or business changes triggering reporting obligations.
- Advise leadership on product and business-related decisions that impact compliance.
- Handle all high-risk cases flagged in transaction monitoring and manage the company’s PEP program.
- Participate in and ensure proper reporting by the SAR committee.
- Enhance the Compliance Training Program to include non-AML related compliance training and set disciplinary action for those who do not complete required training.
- Re-design and oversee the complaints management process.
- Oversee Regulatory change management including processes and controls to identify applicable regulatory changes and the response to such to align to regulatory expectations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- ACAMS license.
- 8+ years of experience gained within regulated financial institutions, banks, e-commerce/fintech companies, or audit/consulting firms in the fields of compliance, risk management, internal controls, etc.
- 2+ years in payments or MSB.
- Strong management skills. Experience managing at least 5 team members and various functions. You maintain strong relationships with your team and care about their development.
- Expertise in BSA rules and regulations.
- Strong presentation skills to manage diligence processes with our regulators and banks.
- Experience with the development of governance, risk, and compliance programs.
- Ability to design, draft, and implement policies and procedures from scratch.
- Knowledge of the operations/requirements of various regulators overseeing the money services business (MSB) space, such as FinCEN, myriad state-level financial MTL regulators, and foreign financial regulators in Latin America and Asia.
- Spanish language is a strong plus.
- Basic knowledge of UDAP, Electronic Funds Transfer Act - Regulation E (including pre-authorized transfers rules), CAN-SPAM, TCPA, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information/Gramm Leach Bliley Act, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act and NACHA.
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description