Chief Compliance Officer
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance the security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Pangea Compliance team ensures our business is consistent with current financial regulations. This team balances legal and compliance requirements with the needs of our users. We’re looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to help the company scale its operations globally.
As Chief Compliance Officer, you will manage an international team of Compliance and Regulatory associates, ensuring proper initiatives are in place to ensure the company maintains compliance with state and federal regulations. This role will have three direct reports, an AML Officer, AML Operations Director, and a Regulatory Affairs Manager. The AML Operations Director will provide direct management the transaction monitoring process.
- Manage internal controls, policies, and procedures including oversight of the companies transaction monitoring procedures, watch list screening program, and customer identification program
- Support AML Operations Director in oversight of analyst team
- Report on metrics related to the health of the company’s AML operations
- Manage the company’s PEP program
- Update and expand the company’s compliance manual and procedures to mitigate AML/CTF risk
- Conduct ongoing partner diligence
- Represent Pangea to banking partners, the board and potential investors to explain Pangea’s compliance program and gain approval for innovative new product offerings
- Own and manage internal, state and IRS audits
- Respond to information requests from state and federal regulators, law enforcement, partners, and other financial institutions pursuant to 314(b) requests
- Manage periodic and ad-hoc filing FinCEN obligations, including amended registrations, re-registrations, renewals, FBARs and other applicable filings.
- Ensure compliance with state licensing requirements in partnership with Regulatory Affairs Associate
- Manage all state audits and reviews
- Manage ad-hoc state reporting in the event of a change in control, new product launch, changes at the board level and any other company or business changes triggering reporting obligations
- Partner with Customer Service and Finance on proper monitoring of fraudulent activity
- Managing the ongoing relationship with state and federal regulators
- Advise leadership on product and business related decisions that impact compliance
- Handle all high-risk cases flagged in transaction monitoring
- Participate in and ensure proper reporting by SAR committee
- Bachelor's degree
- JD preferred
- Must be CAMS certified
- Expertise in BSA rules and regulations
- At least 5 years of management experience in AML/CTF Compliance at a financial institution (FinTech Preferred)
- Experience developing, implementing, operationalizing and scaling AML/CTF policies and procedures
- Minimum 5 years evaluating AML risk
- Understanding of state regulatory requirements for MSBs
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Spanish language a plus
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description