Chief Counsel at CSG
The Chief Counsel will support CSG’s Ascendon (Digital Monetization and Internet) and North America (Singleview, Mediation and Wholesale) product and service offerings made available to CSG’s customers as Software as a Service (SaaS), managed services and/or traditional software license and support. The Chief Counsel’s primary responsibilities include (1) working with and supporting internal clients to structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements for the license and sale of Ascendon, carrier and managed services offerings and related services in a form that meet CSG’s business objectives and reasonably manage risk and (2) provide general legal advice to CSG clients on day-to-day sales, marketing and operational matters. The Chief Counsel position will also support certain functional legal matters, as assigned by the Associate General Counsel. The Chief Counsel requires the requisite skill, experience and personality to independently manage and consummate large and complex commercial transactions on behalf of CSG.
- At least 7 years of transaction-based legal experience at a law firm and in-house legal department, with a focus on technology transactions.
- Prior experience with Software as a Service (SaaS), managed services and software license delivery models.
- Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced competency in structuring complex technology relationships and agreements with attention to detail and strong drafting skills a must.
- Effective negotiator with strong business acumen and ability to serve as a business advisor.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, manage multiple projects simultaneously under time pressure and consistently meet accelerated deadlines with high quality work product.
Sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings.
- Ability to work across multiple product offerings and advise in general corporate (with a technology-focus) legal disciplines, such as licensing, privacy and compliance.
- Prior practice focus and/or in-house experience in communications (telecom, cable, messaging, etc.), broadcast or media vertical.
- Prior experience with cloud-based contracting, outsourcing transactions and associated regulatory issues.
- Prior experience with US and international data privacy and data security issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of technology-related agreements, including Software as a Service (SaaS), managed services, complex software license and other agreements for the sale and distribution of products and service offerings.
- Provide general legal advice to clients on day-to-day sales, marketing and operational matters.
- Monitor and ensure legal compliance with standards and applicable regulatory requirements of supported businesses.
- Identify and manage risks and propose solutions to mitigate risks with respect to transactions, contracts, operations and litigation.