Commercial Counsel, Customer Contracts at Flexport
Due to our rapid global expansion, we're looking for the next addition to our legal team, who will support the Company’s Sales team and handle commercial agreements and negotiations with the Company’s customers across segments and industries, as well as be responsible for managing the Company’s global terms and conditions and customer-facing contracts.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.You will:
- Negotiate contracts with customers across all industries, segments and geographic locations
- Support and coach sales teams on deal structure and contract negotiations
- Advise a multitude of business teams on risk, negotiating points and agreement structures
- Collaborate with leadership in Sales, Finance, Risk, Insurance, Compliance, Operations and teams across the Company to close deals
- Be the central point of contact for any new and updated agreements with customers
- Be responsible for our customer-facing terms and conditions and any updates or revisions thereto
- Be responsible for all customer-facing contracts and documents (powers of attorney, releases, special services)
- Serve as a trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing Flexport’s overall business objectives
- JD and bar admission to practice
- 3 + years of professional experience
- In-house experience negotiating contracts in logistics, international trade, shipping, maritime, transportation, freight forwarding, and/or supply chain
- Experience managing a team is a plus
- Practical experience and solid knowledge of commercial and contract law
- Comfort with handling topics such as privacy and data protection in the commercial contract context
- A passion for closing deals
- Ability to work on your own and prioritize multiple, often competing for deliverables while managing expectations meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types and time zones
- Excellent communication skills to interact with both internal departments and external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.