Commercial Counsel at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
Project44 is seeking an experienced commercial attorney to join our quickly expanding global legal team. This role will provide critical legal support and guidance on all US based commercial engagements with a focus on data, privacy and general commercial engagements. Position will also work collaboratively with other company attorneys on various US and international matters.
- Provide primary legal support for US based commercial agreements and relationships. This will include reviewing, drafting and managing SaaS/cloud agreements, partnership agreements, services agreements, terms of service, statements of work, end-user agreements, data processing agreements as well as vendor and procurement agreements. This support will range from basic support using standard terms and conditions to complicated engagements with significant international counterparties.
- Develop, recommended and update standard/recommended legal language for internal client use.
- Negotiate effectively and constructively with company partners, clients and other third parties
- Provide practical and understandable analysis and counsel on various legal issues and agreements
- Work collaboratively with global legal team for cross border agreements and related strategy.
- Support commercial work necessary for a variety of other company functions including procurement and real estate.
- Position reports directly to General Counsel
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Strong knowledge of SaaS agreements, data and privacy laws required
- Experience with implementation and/or operation of contract management system
- Must be organized, responsive and extremely detail-oriented
- Experience delivering practical advice under pressure and prioritizing work
- Flexibility, teamwork and people skills essential
- Tech savvy with a pragmatic and can-do mindset
- Thrives in high performance culture
- Excellent command of written and verbal communication skills
- Can easily apply strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills to legal, business, and operational issues
- JD required and membership in at least one state bar
- Five or more years of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with a variety of third parties involving enterprise software and software as a service
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.