Compliance & Internal Investigator
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Work in a fast paced, challenging environment for one of the leading information and technology companies to prevent, detect, investigate fraud and regulatory violations, and ensure adherence to policies and procedures. The Compliance Investigator will be a key participant in executing a strategy to identify and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as protecting critical TransUnion assets.
- The Compliance & Internal Investigations Group (“RCIG”) conducts investigations into instances of employee misconduct and malfeasance, corruption, and regulatory and contractual violations. In this role, you’ll interact with internal and external stakeholders across the enterprise. Team members are strong problem-solvers and project managers. We encourage professional development and recognize good work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Compliance, Risk Management, Forensic Science, Criminal Justice, Accounting, or Audit.
- 3-5 years’ investigative experience in a regulatory or compliance environment
- Proficiency conducting employee interviews and interrogations
- Experience leading financial fraud and/or forensic accounting investigations
- Availability to work outside regular business hours
We’d Love to See:
- Experience using digital forensics tools such as EnCase
- Fluency in Spanish
- CFE, CCEP, CRCM, or ACAMS designation
Impact You'll Make:
- With limited direction, conduct high-profile, complex, and time-sensitive investigations that present increased financial, compliance, regulatory, and reputational risk to the organization.
- Maintain a sizable case load, and ensure consistency in compiling evidence, documenting facts and providing direction for the next course of action.
- Engage with external parties and industry groups to obtain and provide thought leadership and strategies to minimize regulatory, compliance, and internal fraud risk.
- Assist with the continued development, implementation, and optimization of investigative tools and systems.
- Apply proficient knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures, and federal, state and local regulations pertaining to credit reporting and related business activities.
- Prepare timely, detailed, and objective written investigative reports, detailing due diligence and investigative findings, and distribute to various internal stakeholders.
- Provide Senior Level Management with investigation updates, including timeline of events and gaps in the control environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.