Compliance Manager (Property & Casualty Insurance) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What’s a Claims Compliance Manager?
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Claims Compliance Manager will start out being a “doer” and then become a leader as we grow and ask you to build out a great compliance team. In this role, you will lead all things compliance related for the company, from how customers experience purchasing our products, all the way to the point when customers really need us, when we pay their claim. If you’re looking for a career that rewards compassion, communication, problem-solving and continuous learning, Clearcover is the place.
The Claims Compliance Manager provides oversight, management, and guidance to ensure the company's insurance operations are conducted in compliance with ethical business practices, company policies, and legal/regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for creating a compliance and control environment for the internal review of rates and forms, customer communications, sales processes, producer licensing, producer oversight claims and operational infrastructure.
What will you do as the Claims Compliance Manager?
- Work with insurance product management and actuarial to create a compliance model to properly file and monitor changes to rating plans, policy forms, and underwriting rules.
- Develop and maintain a proactive compliance program with operational controls to identify and proactively resolve potential compliance exposures.
- Lead compliance audits as required and prescribed by business partners, the Company’s Board of Directors and external auditors
- Liaison with external regulatory counsel
- First point of contact for interactions with the states’ department of insurance.
- Analyze compliance risks and exposures both internal and external to Clearcover and prioritize and develop an internal test plan to assess compliance risks on an annual basis.
- Review and approve of all external facing customer communications.
- Ensure corporate compliance with state regulations, which includes analysis of information, coordination, and consultation with customers and internal departments.
- Oversee agent licensing and appointment processes for internal staff, vendors, independent producers, and other distribution partners.
What will you bring as a Claims Compliance Manager?
- College degree
- 5 or more years of experience of regulatory compliance experience in an insurance company, which includes handling the execution of a compliance control testing and validation procedures
- Experience with selecting and leading external legal resources
- Experience dealing with state insurance regulators
- Tactful communication and active listening skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Compliance Ware, INsource, ODEN, and/or other compliance-related software preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation and flexibility, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social