- Providing ongoing support and guidance to business partners and senior leadership relating to development of controls for critical business processes to mitigate compliance/operational risks.
- Partnering with the business to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Executing compliance risk assessments, monitoring and testing.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and/or risk (escalating as appropriate and in a timely manner), developing and implementing controls and solutions to resolve issues, guiding future avoidance of similar issues.
- Overseeing development and updates of compliance policies and procedures.
- Conducting third-party risk analyses, assisting with the development and implementation of our vendor review and onboarding process.
- Assisting with development and implementation of our compliance strategy and roadmap.
- Assisting with development and updates of compliance and regulatory training.
- Providing the business with guidance and oversight for new product and new feature development initiatives.
- 3-5 years of Compliance experience, banking, consumer financial services or similar.
- Specialized knowledge of consumer financial services, including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Truth in Lending Act/Regulation Z (TILA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act/Regulation B (ECOA), and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) required; knowledge of AML/KYC preferred
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize work and work both collaboratively and autonomously in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, capable of handling confidential data and multiple priorities.
- Detail oriented.
- Prior experience with external auditors and regulators – interact with regulatory agencies and represent the Company during audits, exams, and other agency actions.
- Prior experience with compliance monitoring and testing.
- Proven track record of driving results and building effective relationships with all levels of management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills, able to learn our systems.
- BA required, JD preferred.
Looking for perks?• 3% 401K employer contribution that is immediately vested• Health benefits? We’ve got you fully covered.• Flexible work schedule with results-based culture• Generous PTO• Annual professional development allowance • Fully stocked kitchen• Casual dress code• Team building events and happy hours• Significant career upside as our business grows