Echo’s legal department is looking to add a contract manager who is motivated and deadline-driven to join its team. The legal group advises on all risks facing the company and interfaces with all levels of management. This role will be focused on negotiating and revising transportation contracts and commercial contracts, but responsibilities will also include driving continuous improvement projects. Candidates should have excellent analytical, writing and communications skills as well as the energy, drive and desire to work in a role that requires prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- 5-7 years of contract negotiating and drafting experience
- Transportation contracting experience highly preferred
- Must have excellent project-management skills
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and possess superior written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple tasks in a short time frame
- Must be self-motivated to meet deadlines
- Prior experience working for a motor carrier or third party logistics company preferred
- Negotiate, draft and review transportation contracts (broker agreements, carrier agreements, etc.) and commercial contracts (professional services agreements, Saas agreements, licensing agreements)
- Manage continuous improvement projects, including updating contract templates, streamlining processes, reviewing motor carrier compliance processes for contract compliance
- Communicate with management on risks and challenges facing the company and provide practical solutions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.