The Contract Agent serves as one of the functional leads for the bswift client contracting process. This position requires a solid understanding of the bswift Contracting workflows, policies, and procedures to ensure the team is producing at a successful level. Provides contract support to bswift's VP of Contracts, other bswift Contract Agents, and bswift client services, operations, and sales teams.
The Contract Agent:
- Negotiates contracts with clients in accordance with bswift standards.
- Leads assigned contract projects of a less complex nature by creating timelines, building contingency plans, executing corrective actions, communicating issues resolution, and identifying and utilizing key milestones, stakeholders, and resources needed to ensure timely and successful contract negotiations.
- Manages contract risks and issues and communications of such risks and issues to stakeholders.
- Ensures completion of projects and goals within identified service levels and time frames.
- Works with bswift Senior Contract Agents and bswift VP of Contracts to influence and change other’s behavior and advance team effectiveness to meet department goals.
- Implements process improvement solutions that strengthen accountability and promote effective risk management.
- Develops, utilizes, and contributes to all bswift Contracting team tools, such as alternative clause library, key client overviews, and templates to effectively manage job responsibilities and disseminate information regarding contractual rights, responsibilities, and obligations to sourcing and business areas.
- As required, verifies contract compliance and adherence to bswift policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with Senior Management, suppliers, and internal customers to maintain working relationships.
- Applies knowledge of contractual terms and conditions.
- Consistently performs the above tasks at a foundational or advanced level.
- Demonstrated experience managing client or procurement contracts with knowledge of contract best practices.
- Experience in client contracting or procurement contracting environment
- Proven track record as leader and team player.Experience managing diverse assignments and multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years prior contracts and project management experience (or reasonable equivalent such) highly preferred.