Contracts & Business Operations Specialist at NowPow
Who are we?
NowPow is a women-owned and led technology company that powers communities with the knowledge people need to get well, care for others, and manage with disease. The multi-sided Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform seamlessly integrates with electronic health records to identify patients’ self-care needs, generate highly matched referrals, share referrals with community partners, and track referral status to close the loop on care. By making community resources visible to the people who need them the most, NowPow nurtures healthier, more vibrant communities.
The Contracts & Business Operations Specialist's core responsibility is to ensure consistent execution and management of all proposals and contracts. This includes oversight of NowPow’s contract management processes, as well as development of specific standards around new contract bid and submission processes, legal negotiations, and document management. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and possess in-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract agreements, and legal terminology.
What you’ll do:
- Manage NowPow’s day-to-day contract development and management activities and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance
- Guide contract process cycle through close of deal in collaboration with the appropriate cross-functional teams
- Serve as point of contact and subject matter expert on deal policies including contract terms, fallbacks, draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, senior management input, and organizational needs and expectations.
- Provide advice and deal insights to cross functional teams (compliance, legal, pricing etc.) in order to build scalable, efficient processes; drive improvements in policies and processes to increase sales productivity
- Take proactive measures for renewals, ensuring all critical steps are completed with enough lead time for an on-time renewal, in collaboration with Customer Success
- Facilitate requests for nonstandard deal related items to Finance and Legal as needed, to secure appropriate approvals
- Ensure NowPow contracts and proposals are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained; verify accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments.
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal stakeholders about contractual issues.
- Other duties as assigned
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s degree, concentration in legal, economics or business preferred
- 2 - 5 years of professional experience, ideally in a health tech, technology, or healthcare environment
- A minimum of 1+ year in a deal support role strongly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of legal requirements pertaining to relevant contracts
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a companywide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Apply now to join our growing team!