Echo’s legal department is seeking an attorney who is motivated and deadline-driven to join its three person team. The legal group advises on all risks facing the company and interfaces with all levels of management. Ideal candidates should have a background in multiple areas of the law, with particular experience in resolving and litigating transportation-related issues and negotiating transportation and/or commercial contracts. Candidates may also be asked to assist in commercial contract negotiations, litigation and employment matters. Candidate should have excellent analytical, writing and communications skills and the energy, drive and desire to work in role that requires prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and in good standing with the Illinois bar
- 4-6 years of experience in contract negotiations
- Background in transportation contract negotiations (co-broker agreements, carrier agreements, shipper agreements, etc) and litigating cargo claim disputes
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and possess superior written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple tasks in a short time frame
- Must be self-motivated to meet deadlines
- Law firm and in house experience preferred
- Commercial contract experience preferred
- Negotiate, draft and review transportation contracts
- Advise management on existing transportation regulations and train management on upcoming changes in transportation laws
- Advise on cargo claims and assist in resolving cargo disputes
- Negotiate, draft and review commercial contracts
- Communicate with management on risks and challenges facing the company and provide practical solutions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.