ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a talented, detail-oriented, and hard-working Corporate Counsel with a strong academic background to join our growing legal team. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of complex legal practice experience in an in-house financial services environment or a law firm with meaningful exposure, handling complex civil litigation, including discovery, as well as commercial contracts.
Based in our Chicago headquarters, the Corporate Counsel will support and work closely with the General Counsel and other legal and compliance team members and will be primarily focused on disputes and commercial contracts. This individual will assist in a diverse variety of complex legal tasks in a fast-paced environment to prepare and assist our global company with the exponential growth we are experiencing. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and be a foundational member of our legal team.
- Collaborate with the General Counsel and other legal and compliance team members on some or all of the following legal areas:
- Complex civil litigation, including discovery
- Commercial/contract counseling, drafting, and negotiations
- Corporate transactions
- Regulatory matters
- Conduct legal research, review/analyze documents and other information, as well as prepare and present work product and findings
- Conduct internal factual investigations as needed
- Provide legal advice to—and partner with—cross-functional departments to help guide and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Monitor and provide guidance on prospective regulations, legislation, and other legal developments relevant to our global business
- J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois (and/or another U.S. State)
- 2-3 years of complex legal practice experience in one or more of the areas discussed above
- Heightened attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and strong ability to prioritize multiple legal tasks, report on progress, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity