About the role:
You will focus your efforts in supporting Enova’s lending and other businesses and are expected to have (or to develop) an in-depth understanding of consumer and commercial finance laws and regulations that affect the company’s financial services businesses.
What you'll be doing:
- Handle all aspects of legal compliance with applicable laws and regulations associated with consumer financial services and various consumer and commercial financing products
- Advise marketing teams and review marketing materials, including digital content
- Interpret existing and new laws and regulations and provide guidance to business teams
- Counsel business partners on legal and compliance risks and collaborate to find optimal business solutions while minimizing risk
- Work closely with business and technology teams to implement legal/regulatory changes
We're excited about you if you have:
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and admittance in good standing with at least one state bar
- 2-6 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel.
- The ability to analyze state, federal, and international law and provide detailed recommendations to business partners
- Sound judgment, critical thinking and solid negotiation skills
- The capability to analyze problems and take a solutions-oriented approach
- The ability to engage individuals and teams to ensure timely project completion
- Experience in consumer financial services or working at an e-commerce company is a plus; interest in developing an in-depth understanding of consumer financial services and industry is a must
- The capability and flexibility to develop new areas of expertise and the confidence to quickly learn and develop independence in key practice areas.
- Experience working directly with business partners is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be dynamic, self-motivated, able to work both independently and with a team.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.