Corporate Counsel at OppFi
Helping the Everyday Consumer Build Financial Health
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
What you get to do:
- You will report to our Associate General Counsel
- Research and advise on licensing and corporate registration requirements for multi-state financial products and services
- Assist in responding and reviewing litigation and regulatory matters
- Draft and review commercial agreements and other contracts
- Partner closely with business on streamlining processes and applying consumer finance regulations
- Provide legal counsel and expertise on the development of new products and services
- Provide strategic support for compliance and risk groups in regards to key consumer finance regulations
- Drive and execute special projects to support objectives of the Legal team
- Work with business and technology teams to implement legal/regulatory changes
- Advise and assist both legal and business partners about legal issues affecting vendor agreements and other business transactions
What you will bring to the team:
- JD from top law school and current member of at least one State bar and in good standing
- 3+years of post-admission experience at a financial institution or law firm; experience, particularly at a high-growth start-up
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of consumer finance and the ability to identify and solve potential legal and business issues present therein.
- An ability to negotiate with internal and external parties
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
- Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E)
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN)
- NACHA Operating Rules and Guidelines
- Corporate entity structure
- State and Federal employment issues
- Data Privacy and Information Security
- State licensing requirements for consumer financial institutions
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].