SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking a Corporate Counsel to join our legal team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
WHAT DO WE NEED?
The Corporate Counsel will join our General Counsel as the legal team managing all legal aspects of our rapidly growing business. You will apply your hands-on problem-solving skills to facilitate business opportunities that impact the bottom line and contribute to our growth. This high impact role will handle multiple projects with team members across the company in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Reporting to the General Counsel, your primary responsibility will be successfully drafting and negotiating agreements that enable us to build on the many opportunities made available to us through our unique collection of assets and capabilities. The legal team contributes to SPINS’ success by delivering fast and effective support to our team members in a manner that understands and appropriately addresses risks and opportunities. You will quickly be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the business, take ownership of deliverables that you will see through to successful conclusion and build relationships that will contribute to SPINS’ continued success.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Draft, negotiate and review a range of data licensing, SaaS, vendor, partner and other strategic agreements.
- Review and update current form agreements and assist in creatively developing new and improved approaches to our terms and conditions and contract process.
- Build strong relationships with team members across the company, earning the trust and confidence of your colleagues.
- Advise team members regarding legal issues, including effectively structuring win-win business relationships and managing disputes.
- Improve existing and develop new policies to build an internal framework that supports our growth.
- Assist with corporate governance, strategic relationships, investments and acquisition opportunities.
- Advise and educate team members about various legal issues affecting business transactions, especially those pertaining to data usage, data security and privacy.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and admittance in good standing with at least one state bar.
- 3 years minimum relevant experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel. Experience with data licensing, technology agreements, privacy and data security is preferred.
- A conscientious team player that is responsive and willing to help colleagues in any situation.
- Comfort and confidence in working with and communicating with team members throughout the organization.
- The ability to analyze contracts, laws and regulations and effectively communicate risks and opportunities to business colleagues.
- Effective business judgment, especially with respect to creatively addressing potential risks and novel issues in a high-growth environment.
- The ability to engage with team members and meet their expectations with respect to project deliveries and timelines.
- A willingness to take on any type of issue, quickly develop a base of knowledge on any subject and confidently guide team members in any situation.
- Interest in developing an in-depth understanding of our business model as it is and as it may develop and an appreciation for how SPINS contributes to the success of our business partners and our industry.