ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with the CFO, COO and Business Development team, this role will be responsible for overseeing legal matters across the organization as well as executing strategies to minimize risk across the organization. Working with the broader organization, this role will have a focus on contract negotiation, corporate governance, employment law, and privacy compliance.
- Structure, draft and review Customer, Supplier, Employment & Real Estate contractual related documents including Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, Terms of Service, Addendums, License Agreements, Rev Share Agreements & NDAs to ensure favorable terms for Centro
- Develop and implement a company-wide compliance strategy to ensure Centro is compliant with current and future contractual requirements as well as determine path forward to rectify areas where Centro isn’t compliant
- Understand and document risks of Centro not adhering to contractual obligations and alert management of these risks
- Collaborate with Human Resources and provide guidance to the team as it relates to employee relations that may arise (such as discrimination, harassment, health and safety, hiring, termination and other aspects of employment rights and responsibilities).
- Prepare regulatory compliance reports to management and to regulatory bodies.
- Provide guidance to Ops leadership on legal issues of difficult and complex nature and offer recommendations to resolve issues and minimize risk
- Update Centro standard agreements to ensure language is favorable, up to date and includes necessary requirements by business unit
- Conduct initiative based research, as needed
- Support privacy compliance activities (domestic and international), including GDPR, contract review, and provide guidance on privacy policies & data security policies and procedure
- Work with Finance to support litigation activities regarding claims and bankruptcy
- Keep up-to-date of legislative changes that may affect Centro
- 5+ years of experience working at a nationally recognized law firm or in house legal department
- Law degree required and admitted to practice in Illinois, or the ability to register as in house counsel in IL
- Experience in corporate matters including securities compliance, license agreements, employment law, immigration law, data privacy, risk management, trade secrets and intellectual property
- Strong interpersonal and consultative communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and foster strong relationships
- Experience working with SAS contracts preferred
- Background in advertising and/or digital media is preferred
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.