STATS is looking to hire a skilled Corporate Counsel. The ideal candidate is an accomplished, mid-level attorney with strong contract drafting and negotiation skills, as well as solid business instincts and judgment. The Corporate Counsel should be intellectually curious with an ability and desire to learn new skills. This role requires exemplary ethics and integrity, a high level of organization/project management skills, and self-motivation. The candidate must have the ability to partner with and support internal business stakeholders with the goal of achieving positive outcomes for the company. The Corporate Counsel must be able to perform and thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and will be accountable for significant legal decisions and counsel.
What You'll Do:
- Draft, edit and negotiate agreements, globally, for the licensing of data, software, hardware, analytics, and related services, with our customers
- Draft, edit and negotiate agreements with third parties, including vendors, landlords, content providers, etc.
- Review employment contracts and independent contractor agreements and analyze employment and immigration issues
- Drive cross-functional collaboration and improvements to STATS' contracting process, including maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of STATS products and services to develop appropriate contract templates for such products and services
- Develop and implement relevant corporate policies related to STATS' contracts, identifying and managing the risk factors in STATS' current agreements
- Provide accurate, timely and practical legal and risk management advice to internal clients on business matters
- Bolster and protect company intellectual property assets (patents and trademarks)
- Ensure corporate compliance, including entity management, data privacy, insurance and general corporate maintenance activities, for STATS' various global entities
What You'll Need:
- A Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited law school
- License to practice law in Illinois or another state
- 4+ years' of experience in a law firm or in-house setting
- Experience working with IP or developing an in-house patent program, preferred
- Familiarity working with employment law, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in defining strategy and managing complex cases
- Ability to work independently and think critically
- High attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change and thrive in high-pressure environments
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.