Corporate Counsel at SPINS LLC
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
The Corporate Counsel will join our General Counsel as the legal team managing all legal aspects of our rapidly growing business. You will apply your hands-on problem-solving skills to facilitate business opportunities that impact the bottom line and contribute to our growth. This high impact role will handle multiple projects with team members across the company in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Reporting to the General Counsel, your primary responsibility will be successfully drafting and negotiating agreements that enable us to build on the many opportunities made available to us through our unique collection of assets and capabilities. The legal team contributes to SPINS’ success by delivering fast and effective support to our team members in a manner that understands and appropriately addresses risks and opportunities. You will quickly be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the business, take ownership of deliverables that you will see through to successful conclusion and build relationships that will contribute to SPINS’ continued success.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Draft, negotiate and review a range of data licensing, SaaS, vendor, partner and other strategic agreements.
- Review and update current form agreements and assist in creatively developing new and improved approaches to our terms and conditions and contract process.
- Monitor developments in privacy laws and ensure our privacy policies and practices remain up-to-date.
- Understand new product offerings and craft terms and conditions for form agreements that ensure input from relevant stakeholders, clearly explain the product to clients and protect the company.
- Build strong relationships with team members across the company, earning the trust and confidence of your colleagues.
- Advise team members regarding legal issues, including effectively structuring win-win business relationships and managing disputes.
- Improve existing and develop new policies to build an internal framework that supports our growth.
- Partner with our training expert on development of compliance and other relevant training for employees.
- Assist with corporate governance, strategic relationships, investments and acquisition opportunities.
- Advise and educate team members about various legal issues affecting business transactions, especially those pertaining to data usage, data security and privacy.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and admittance in good standing with at least one state bar.
- 3 years minimum relevant experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel. Experience with data licensing, technology agreements, privacy and data security is preferred.
- A conscientious team player that is responsive and willing to help colleagues in any situation.
- Comfort and confidence in working with and communicating with team members throughout the organization.
- The ability to analyze contracts, laws and regulations and effectively communicate risks and opportunities to business colleagues.
- Effective business judgment, especially with respect to creatively addressing potential risks and novel issues in a high-growth environment.
- The ability to engage with team members and meet their expectations with respect to project deliveries and timelines.
- A willingness to take on any type of issue, quickly develop a base of knowledge on any subject and confidently guide team members in any situation.
- Interest in developing an in-depth understanding of our business model as it is and as it may develop and an appreciation for how SPINS contributes to the success of our business partners and our industry.
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.