At Braviant, we believe in hiring great talent and offering them the flexibility to achieve great results unbounded by geography. Braviant is offering a fully remote option for anyone out of state who wants to join our team and help us grow or a hybrid option for those who want to join our Chicago office.
Who we are:
Braviant is a leading provider of tech-enabled credit products that combines breakthrough technology and cutting-edge machine learning to transform how people access credit online. Our next-generation approach to lending reduces credit barriers and creates a Path to Prime to help millions of underbanked consumers build credit history, reduce their cost of borrowing, and take control of their personal finances.
Our Legal and Compliance department is looking for an experienced and motivated paralegal to join our growing and dynamic team. You will play an integral role in supporting Braviant to achieve its business objectives and ensuring we meet our legal and compliance obligations. You will jump right into our collaborative culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving.
What you'll be doing:
- Track, renew, and maintain existing company licensing and assist with filing new license applications and registrations.
- Manage the contracting process workflow for corporate agreements from development/review through execution, communicate with internal business stakeholders, and assist in implementing changes to contracts processes.
- Organize and maintain electronic files, including licenses, executed contracts, corporate formation documents, and other department records.
- Assist with regulatory examinations/audits, including coordinating with internal stakeholders and compiling records.
- Prepare responses to requests for information from various external sources.
What you'll bring:
- 4+ years of experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate environment.
- Ability to review and interpret legal documents and effectively communicate information to stakeholders.
- Experience working with database management software/project tracking tools.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and able to resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
What makes you stand out:
- Prior financial services industry experience or other highly regulated sector.
- Notary public or willing to become a notary.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
What it's like to work here:
We're more than just great snacks, unique outings, a cool office, or swag. We're about achieving results while having fun along the way. We believe in solving problems together and building on each other’s ideas. Our teams are comprised of smart, curious individuals and we encourage everyone to think like an owner, take initiative and drive their careers. Our broad roles provide tremendous opportunities for individuals to acquire new skills, gain exposure to all areas of the business, and quickly see their impact at Braviant.
Read Full Job Description