RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Corporate Paralegal: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country, and with this growth comes the need for additional internal resources. The Corporate Paralegal will be the main support for our expanding in-house legal function, reporting to Corporate Counsel. This is an exciting opportunity to help build out a new department, including managing contracts from initiation through execution and assisting with a wide variety of legal and business matters.
Our ideal candidate has an interest in contract review and negotiation, process and policy management, and setting up and implementing a contract management system. This individual will partner closely with internal business partners to develop best practices for contracts. This person must be organized, a strong communicator, looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company, and hungry to grow a new brand and department.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the contract review process across the business, including Sales, Procurement, Supply Chain, and Marketing
- Work closely with Corporate Counsel to manage contract drafting and negotiation
- Oversee implementation of contract management system and company-wide rollout of same
- Assist Corporate Counsel with drafting and updating all contract templates
- Monitor internal compliance with contract policies
- Help determine risk areas and policy implementation for same
- Work directly with Corporate Counsel to manage day-to-day legal matters, including litigation management
- Other legal department assignments as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- 4 years’ experience as a paralegal in an in-house legal department
- Experience reviewing and negotiating contracts under the supervision of an attorney
- Familiarity with contract management systems and best practices regarding same
- Ability to identify risk areas and assist in drafting policies around same
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.