Corporate Paralegal at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. Our legal team ensures that VillageMD complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics while providing information and guidance to management in support of the organization’s growth. As part of achieving this goal, the Paralegal will primarily work on our transaction and growth initiatives.
Integral to our Legal team, this individual will collaborate with our VMD leadership, marketing, market leaders, and market business development representatives to ensure that progress is tracked and moved forward.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be leading at VillageMD?
- Assisting with entity maintenance and creation
- Preparing initial drafts of internal corporate documents, written consents, and resolutions
- Ensuring protocol is followed with any contract change requests
- Utilizing the legal system to update statuses and store documents
- Communicating with clients, counter-parties, agents and third parties regarding ongoing projects
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- An inclination towards team-based work product and results
- Capability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Proven experience and desire to develop and nurture teams
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Preferred healthcare law experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, formal paralegal training, or equivalent job experience
- Attention to detail and timelines; ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Capacity to effectively manage details and time sensitive assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff
- Ability to understand and utilize computer equipment, software and search tools in order to locate information, set up databases and spreadsheets and work with form documents and other applications
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.