Counsel - Compensation at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
The Guaranteed Rate Companies, which include Guaranteed Rate Inc. and Guaranteed Rate Affinity, LLC, have over 5,000 employees in a total of 700 offices across the U.S and funded $37 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Chicago, Guaranteed Rate, Inc. is one of the largest retail mortgage lenders in the United States. Founded in 2000 and licensed in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., it has helped homeowners nationwide with home purchase loans and refinances. The company has established itself as an industry leader by introducing innovative technology, offering low rates and delivering unparalleled customer service. 2017 marked the launch of Guaranteed Rate Affinity, LLC, a mortgage origination joint venture between Guaranteed Rate, Inc. and Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage. Collectively, the companies have earned honors and awards including: "Top Lender for Online Service" for 2018 by U.S. News & World Report; No. 3 ranking in Scotsman Guide's Top Retail Mortgage Lenders 2018; Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces list for seven consecutive years; and Best Online Lender and Best Lender for FHA Streamline Refinance by NerdWallet in 2019. Visit rate.com for more information.
Guaranteed Rate is building a winning team to reinvent the mortgage experience through innovation, technology and a relentless focus on providing industry-leading mortgage products and superlative customer service. The Counsel, Compensation will embrace these efforts by supporting the Guaranteed Rate legal, licensing and compliance teams on contract, compensation, regulatory and employment matters and other special projects. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn, able to work independently, solve problems creatively, prioritize relentlessly, exercise business judgment soundly, and operate with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Compensation and employment related tasks including drafting and managing employment agreements, compensation plans and related addenda for employees of Guaranteed Rate and its affiliated companies.
- Advise the business on various contact, compensation and regulatory issues and matters.
- Draft and manage compensation plan templates.
- Act as a liaison between the legal department and business operations, finance, human resources, compliance, and licensing for Guaranteed Rate with respect to compensation matters.
- Manage key projects to address legal and compliance needs.
- Assist the legal department with overflow work as necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience reviewing and drafting contracts and employment agreements.
- Experience with employment matters and/or regulatory issues preferred.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry and the Loan Officer Compensation Rule, 12 CFR § 1026.36(d)-(e) is highly desired.
- Ability to complete projects under tight timelines.
- Willingness to learn the business and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic.
- Clear, concise and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Solid business acumen with ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking and working under a heavy workload with changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resilient with a sense of humor.
- Skilled at Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Graduated from an accredited Law School with a Juris Doctor degree.
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar (or admission to a state bar of any jurisdiction in the United States and admitted to the Illinois Bar within a reasonable time following the commencement of the position).
- Local candidates only.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-CD1