Counsel, Healthcare Transactions at Collective Health
With a mission to fundamentally transform healthcare, Collective Health is the ideal workplace for a self-starting, team-oriented attorney who wants to make an impact and assume meaningful responsibilities at a fast-growing technology company. We seek a creative, business-minded attorney to become our Healthcare Transactions Counsel. As a member of our legal team, you’ll help address the company’s—and the industry’s—most complex and novel legal challenges as you help us build a world-class healthcare technology company.
What you'll do:
- Lead commercial healthcare transactions and negotiations with clients, partners and networks.
- Advise on transaction structuring taking into account regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the oversight of outside legal experts in all aspects of healthcare law.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding state and federal laws, rules and regulations applicable to healthcare, including HIPAA, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback law and the Affordable Care Act.
- Oversee and play a lead strategic role in the design and management of complex transactional and regulatory matters as they apply to such transactions.
- Negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements and design contract templates that reflect Collective Health’s policies, local law, and the fast-moving market. This includes working with our business teams on: (a) licensing, services and resale deals; and (b) partnership and collaboration agreements.
- Advise senior management and business clients.
- Counsel pragmatically on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, product design considerations and company policies.
- Ability to respond quickly and crisply with legal advice to legal requests from commercial/sales team, product management, marketing, and other clients.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple clients, projects, and deadlines.
Your skills include:
- A J.D., with a current license to practice in California (either CA or Rule 965 admitted)
- 5-8 years of relevant corporate and commercial legal experience, including:
- 3+ years of practice at a leading national law firm, healthcare practice preferred
- In-house experience at a high-growth technology company
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to independently prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks, and meet deadlines within a changing fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional client communication skills.
- Talent for building trusted relationships and for balancing different points of view.
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.