Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We at Affirm seek a Counsel II for our Commercial Legal team, a group that is instrumental in supporting Affirm's growing global transactions practice. This business-minded attorney will have the opportunity to partner in high-impact ways, helping our fast-growing business build for scale. Join our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency, while providing the best customer experiences!What you'll do
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of global commercial agreements, including sophisticated and novel agreements
- Collaborate with and provide strategic and legal advice to various cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Sales, Revenue, Client Success, Risk Operations, and Finance
- Support a fast-moving business while providing diligent and thorough work product
- Develop and implement innovative ways to scale commercial legal processes
- Handle ad hoc projects across a spectrum of complex business, legal, and strategic issues
- JD degree from an accredited law school and current member in good standing with a US state bar
- 4+ years of relevant experience, preferably to include in-house experience
- Solid foundation in complex commercial contracts and experience identifying and solving for potential legal and business issues present therein
- Clear, concise communication skills, to collaborate well with internal and external business and legal teams
- Great project management skills, with the ability to organize, prioritize, and remain collected under pressure
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership of projects
- A teammate mentality, pitching in wherever needed, whether or not it fits squarely into one's role or expertise
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and an enthusiasm for learning
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through Affirm’s products and services
- Humility, integrity, and a sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.