Counsel - Privacy and Information Governance at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.
We are seeking a privacy attorney to join McDonald’s Corporation’s Privacy and Information Governance practice group. This Privacy Counsel role will provide support in the management of data privacy and information governance with applicable legal, regulatory, industry and organizational requirements in relation to US and global initiatives.Job Description
- Serve as a privacy advisor to organizations across the enterprise, providing strategic and legal guidance on data privacy issues including data access, collection, retention, transfer and use.
- Assist business clients in aligning with internal privacy policies, US (state and federal) and international data privacy laws, regulations, industry standards and best practices.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to provide data privacy guidance on designing, implementing and deploying technologies in connection with US and global initiatives.
- Collaborate with practice group members to (1) develop, review and improve data privacy policies and procedures and (2) develop and administer data privacy training to the enterprise.
- Review and advise on vendor agreements with respect to data privacy provisions.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments.
- Build strong working relationships with senior business leaders and their teams.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of US (state and federal) and international data privacy laws, regulations and standards.
- Basic technical knowledge of IT environments, data flows, cloud computing, integrated platforms, social technologies, data analytics, artificial intelligence and mobile applications.
- Experience within a corporate or law firm environment with a focus on data privacy is preferred.
- Works effectively as part of a global geographically dispersed team with global business clients.
- Driven to work on a wide variety of tasks in a proactive manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Exercises sound business judgement.
- Ability to develop creative business solutions and alternatives to legal challenges.
- Law degree required.
- CIPP Certification is a plus.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.