Counsel at Ensono
This position provides front line support for Ensono’s sales and strategic revenue generating commercial transactions by collaboratively setting deal structure and strategy, performing contract review, drafting and negotiation, coordinating internal approvals and taking overall responsibility for deal completion. We are looking for a talented attorney with initiative and drive who can handle a high volume of varied and complex transactional work. This position supports and coordinates the entire transaction and contracting process, including all legal, financial and business issues and contract terms, requiring a commercial transactions attorney with strong business acumen and experience analyzing and negotiating wide ranging commercial issues. Transaction counterparties will typically be sophisticated enterprise sales or outsourcing customers procuring complex hosting, IT and other technology solutions. The Counsel will play a pivotal role in Ensono achieving its strategic and financial objectives by providing consultative, strategic and analytic support services on commercial transactions
- Lead commercial transactions to closure in prudent and expeditious manner
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of contract terms
- Provide risk assessment and commercial legal advice
- Exercise judgment and delegated authority on wide-ranging issues
- Coordinate across multiple internal organizations to resolve issues
- Vet contract issues/requests with appropriate internal organizations, track responses, and draft resulting feedback
- Prepare and administer escalations as necessary
- Identify or create solutions to deal roadblocks
- Project manage multiple deals to closure simultaneously
- Present training to client groups on transaction legal issues and strategies
- Continuously seek to improve the transaction support process
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant and recent commercial transactions experience in a similar work environment (i.e., law firm or corporate legal department)
- Demonstrated success in complex contract review, drafting and negotiation for sales/outsource transactions involving technology products/services, including licensing/IP related terms.
- Experience with responsibility for all aspects of commercial transactions, including basic financials and all non-pricing business issues and contract terms
- Familiarity with all phases of sales/outsource contracting from pre-contract Requests for Proposals/Bids to contract negotiation/execution and post-contract legal support.
- Experience supporting a professional, outside sales force in technology transactions
- Successful record of interacting with sophisticated enterprise customers, and their third party representatives, as transaction counterparties
- Prior in-house, management, and international experience preferred
- J.D. from a top tier law school
- Active bar admission in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to summarize issues to clients/management
- Teamwork and team leadership skills
- Ability to effectively counsel clients concerning legal and business risks in sales transactions
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to rapidly assess potential risks, benefits and consequences of business decisions.
- Well-honed project management and organizational skills needed to manage multiple/complex transactions
- Independent initiative to develop, lead and implement special projects that enhance contracting processes.
- Solid work ethic and strong sense of responsibility for high quality work product
- Ability to achieve results under pressure/deadlines
- Proficient in MS-Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
Primary Location City/State:Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.