ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 85,000 businesses in 158 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 85,000 today to millions.
The Data Privacy Counsel will report directly to the Corporate Counsel and will provide support on a variety of data privacy legal matters, including negotiating DPAs, BAAs, and other privacy related contractual agreements for the Company and its subsidiaries, conducting annual GDPR, HIPAA and CCPA compliance audits, assisting internal teams to conduct Privacy Impact Assessments, and agenda setting for future privacy initiatives, including CCPA preparation.
What you'll need:
- 4 year college degree
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 3+ years experience as an attorney with strong data privacy and SaaS industry experience
- Ideal candidates will have working knowledge of state, federal, and international data privacy laws, particularly CAN-SPAM, HIPAA, GDPR, the Australian Privacy Act, and CCPA
- Familiarity with compliance regulations, IT, and security frameworks and standards, particularly SOC II standards
- Relevant privacy certifications (e.g., CIPM, CIPP/E)
- Must have excellent research, writing, communication, organizational, and project management skills and be capable of tracking and completing multiple tasks in a timely manner.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description