Data Privacy Officer at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
CCC is the leading provider of software, data, and insights to the automotive claims and parts markets as well as an industry leader in automotive telematics. CCC works with more than 350 insurance carriers – including many of the largest P&C carriers in the country – and more than 24,000 repair facilities, processing the majority of automotive claims in the U.S. Our software solutions connect the claims ecosystem including vehicle owners, property/casualty insurance carriers, automotive collision repairers, parts suppliers, and many others. CCC leads the industry in technology innovation, including the latest in mobile technology and real-world applications in artificial intelligence.
The Position: CCC is expanding its data privacy function, currently lead by the General Counsel. As our Director of Data Privacy , you will lead our company’s data privacy strategy and advocacy. You will play an instrumental part in further development of CCC’s data privacy team, owning and driving strategic decisions, and overall data privacy strategy for the company. This role reports to CCC’s General Counsel and will work closely with senior managers across the enterprise.
- Updating and maintaining a strategic and comprehensive privacy program that with policies and processes enable consistent, effective privacy practices which minimize risk and ensure the confidentiality of data.
- Drive a cross functional committee to update our data privacy policies
- Partner with Line Managers and define the data privacy execution role
- Maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data use and protection laws (including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, GDPR, CCPA, and other global privacy laws) and advise on compliance
- Assist product managers, product developers, and leadership in evaluating the impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance and enforcement actions, and other related guidelines on product features
- Support members of the technology, business, and operations teams on privacy and security-related legal matters, including areas related to partnerships, acquisitions, integrations, and other business development opportunities
- Drive high-profile and high-impact projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with stakeholders across CCC’s business, policy, legal, communications, security, and other departments
- Works with organization senior leadership on governance for the privacy program.
- Serves in a senior leadership role for privacy compliance.
- Ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices, investigations.
- Manages an ongoing process to track, investigate and report inappropriate access and disclosure of data. Monitor patterns of inappropriate access and/or disclosure of data.
- Advises on and negotiates contractual terms related to privacy.
- Performs or oversees initial and periodic information privacy risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation.
- Conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the organization's other compliance and operational assessment functions.
- Takes a lead role, to ensure the organization has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consents, authorization forms and information notices and materials reflecting current organization and legal practices and requirements.
- Oversees, develops and delivers initial and ongoing privacy training to the workforce.
- Engages with CCC’s customers on privacy matters related to customer agreements.
- Manages all required breach determination and notification processes under applicable State and Federal requirements.
- Manages the process for investigating and acting on privacy and security complaints.
- Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster information privacy awareness within the organization and related entities.
- Works with executive leadership, legal counsel, and other related parties to represent CCC's privacy position with external parties (state or local government bodies) who undertake to adopt or amend privacy legislation, regulation, or standard.
- Serves as privacy resource to the organization regarding release of information and to all departments for all privacy related issues.
- Regular interaction with Executive Leadership Team.
- JD required
- 4-6 years of overall practical legal experience, preferably some portion in an in-house environment
- 2+ years of Privacy experience, preferably in a data related or software SaaS industry. The successful candidate will bring technical privacy expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in regulatory related matters, as well as strong operational and business process management.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification is highly desired.
- Experience working with U.S. privacy and security laws and regulations.
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills; ability to quickly execute on strategic decisions to drive organizational results.
- Knowledge of data privacy tools, including One Trust desired
- Demonstrated strong communication skills at all levels within the organization. Ability to translate technical content into business understandable terms; successful market-facing presentation skills with C-suite level executives.
- Superior matrix management and partnering skills with the ability to interact and quickly gain credibility and build collaborative working relationships to produce business results. Ability to work cross-functionally and manage partnerships across organizations.
- Strong positive leadership skills with demonstrated ability to navigate through a dynamic environment.