Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This Attorney will be responsible for advising on prudential matters for a $100bn bank holding company. Successful candidates will partner effectively with various stakeholders throughout the company to drive results and outcomes.
- Advising business partners on prudential bank and bank holding company regulatory matters, including, Regulation Y, Regulation YY and Regulation W
- Monitoring government agency and other sources for applicable legislative and regulatory changes and developments
- Analyzing pending federal and state legislation and regulations
- Consulting with and advising senior business unit management on complex legal issues involving final and proposed Federal Reserve and FDIC rules
- Analyzing and advising business clients on new and amended regulations and laws
- Preparation of rule summaries and communicating the information to affected stakeholders across the Company
- Conducting state and federal regulatory research on a wide variety of banking law topics
- Providing regulatory exam advice and support
- JD from ABA accredited law school and admission to the Bar
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required
- In-depth knowledge of the agencies that regulate banks and bank holding companies
- Prior experience at a federal banking agency preferred
- Strong oral and written analytic and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking
- JD from ABA accredited law school
- Bachelor’s Degree
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.