Director of Legal
We are looking for a dynamic Director of Legal to support our commercial contracting process and other evolving legal needs of our global high-growth digital marketing technology business.
In particular, we need someone who knows how to negotiate and put together highly complex contracts and strategic partnerships with both clients and vendors; you are a creative deal maker at heart. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change. You will be fully engaged, communicate openly, lead by example and forge close working relationships with fellow Signalites. If you want to be part of a growing company that envisions a more agile online world built on continuous innovation, keep reading.
So, what would you be doing?
- Serve as legal advisor on all aspects of Signal’s commercial relationships, from initial contact through deal execution.
- Draft and negotiate customer commercial contracts, partnerships arrangements, data sharing agreements and other commercial transactions with our clients and partners that will foster and support a consistent and scalable business model strategy.
- Monitor compliance with Signal’s existing commercial relationships.
- Develop proactive, collaborative relationships with internal business stakeholders to help maximize Signal’s impact in the marketplace while simultaneously assessing and mitigating risk.
- Partner with Finance in developing and managing a highly effective deal flow contracting process.
- Work closely with your legal teammates, including your Head of Legal and other senior leadership members on commercial legal matters.
- Provide guidance on relevant legal issues that impact Signal’s role in the industry.
- Provide continuing guidance on ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
What do we need from you?
- You have a minimum of ten years’ experience as a practicing corporate lawyer, preferably initially with a prominent national law firm before moving to an in-house position.
- J.D. degree from top level law school and member of the bar.
- Significant experience in SaaS marketing technology businesses, software licensing and general corporate matters.
- Experience working at a high growth technology company, preferably in the B2B SaaS space.
- Experience working with companies in the AdTech or MarTech industry.
- Outstanding creative writing skills in drafting and negotiating complex contract provisions.
- Strong business sense and financial acumen to understand a growing recurring revenue business model.
- Experience with doing business in international markets.
- Knowledge and experience in: commercial transactions, intellectual property protection, and privacy law compliance.
- Stellar communication abilities. Signalites thrive in a fast-paced environment, and we need you to help bring in the “calm” when necessary, and at the same time roll with the energy and momentum as the matter requires.
- We need someone who is able to work with a wide swath of people. This includes outside attorneys, senior stakeholders and everyone at Signal.
- You know how to cultivate strong client relationships and successfully influence leadership in a quickly evolving, innovative culture. Former clients and colleagues speak of your abilities in hushed, reverential tones.
- A real passion for technology, excellence and results.
- You embrace rapid change – and take it as a challenge to make things better – without a second thought.
In addition to the specifics of this job, we’re looking for Signalites that fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are pretty nice, too. You understand that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours as an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what is asked of you, and live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the first and only Customer Identity Solution for the enterprise. Signal’s platform offers an independent identity solution for brands that transforms the customer experience by connecting an always-active profile to customer engagements across all human, physical, and digital touchpoints.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 lists. Follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.