Global Employment and Benefits Counsel at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
Global Employment and Benefits Counsel
project44 is a logistics technology firm with the world’s leading advanced visibility platform for shippers and third-party logistics firms. We are seeking an experienced employment and benefits attorney to join our quickly expanding global legal team. This role will be the first inhouse employment and benefits attorney to provide critical employment and benefits related legal support and guidance to our US and worldwide organization.
- Provide daily counseling on a broad array of employment and benefits related issues for a global workforce including recruitment and hiring, restrictive covenant issues, health and welfare and benefit plan issues,
- Support and provide counsel for employee investigations, disciplinary warnings, terminations, workplace safety, reorganizations and reductions
- Supervise company related employment charges and litigated matters
- Assist with drafting, interpreting and enforcing employment, separation, non-competition, confidentiality and consulting agreements
- Create, conduct and implement training modules on a variety of employment-related topics
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Candidates must have outstanding interpersonal skills
- Works well in high performance culture
- Demonstrated ability in managing competing requests for support
- Excellent command of written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in supporting C-suite executive team
- JD required and membership in at least one state bar
- Five or more years of experience
- Prior in-house experience strongly preferred
- Prior start up, privately held and public company experience preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.