What you might own at Avant:
- Collaborate with business, analytics, technology, marketing, and operations teams to ensure adherence to important corporate and regulatory policies.
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance as the product teams develop, implement, and update products and services.
- Lead legal aspects of new product initiatives through due diligence, launch, and maintenance support.
- Develop various applicable internal policies and procedures.
- Draft, negotiate, and review vendor contracts and non-disclosure agreements.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Membership in a State Bar
- 3-5 years experience working with a financial institution providing consumer financial services, preferably a credit card issuer or law firm practice working with such clients, and/or government agency.
- Experience with the legal and regulatory framework (i.e., Dodd Frank, TILA, FCRA, ECOA, GLBA, etc.) applicable to consumer financial products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior organizational and project management skills are required; must be able to manage multiple projects and operate within hard timelines.
Why Avant is a fit for you: At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:We value, support, and help each other growWe are committed to active inclusion and diversityWe are transparent and believe the best idea winsWe succeed when our customers succeedWe get sh!t done… responsiblyAnd we keep it fun! We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.