Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is looking for a motivated self-starter junior attorney to join our legal team. Our new in-house
attorney will directly interface with various internal clients and will be responsible for drafting,
negotiating and managing Avant’s agreements with our vendors. This role will report to the Associate
You will get the best of both worlds here at Avant: you’ll have the in-house counsel lifestyle and the
opportunity to work on exciting, cutting-edge transactions.
What you might own at Avant:
- Working closely and building relationships with various internal teams to analyze and communicate legal risks, provide legal advice and support such teams in relation to vendor agreements.
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating, amending and managing all of Avant’s vendor agreements.
- Preparing and implementing forms and processes for negotiating, executing, amending and on-boarding vendors.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with such vendor agreements and establishing a process for ongoing monitoring of obligations under vendor agreements.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Statistics, Business Analytics, related field, or its equivalent (Masters is a plus).
- 1+ years analytical experience in the consumer finance industry.
- 1+ years of experience leveraging data tools such as SQL, R, Python.
- 2-3 years of experience conducting underwriting and pricing related analytics in a lending/banking organization.
- Knowledge of credit scorecard model development.
- Ability to translate analysis results into clearly defined and implementable strategies/rules.
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills with key attention to detail.
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative and critical thinking.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.