Envoy Global's affiliated law firm, Global Immigration Associates, P.C., is an independent employment immigration law firm based in Chicago. GIA has a rapidly expanding team of 50+ highly skilled attorneys and paralegals and we have continued to grow over the past 20 years. We serve over 1,000 clients, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies.
At GIA, Immigration is our passion and our profession. We’re also at the cutting edge of using immigration technology and work exclusively with the customers of Envoy Global (www.envoyglobal.com), using its best-in-breed technology platform to help better serve our clients.
We’re committed to offering all of our employees exceptional professional development, a fast-paced environment and a healthy and sustainable work-life balance. Come join the team, where you will have the opportunity to interact with coworkers at all levels of our firm, as well as with our counterparts at Envoy Global.
This role focuses on the preparation of immigrant and non-immigrant visa cases for major corporations and individuals on Envoy’s patented, online platform which includes duties to:
- Review and proofread complex evidence and documents for client cases
- Track, monitor, and log evidence and documents for client cases
- Create, compile, and prepare documentation for case filings
- Finalize government-ready case filings for final attorney review
- Draft and edit client Letters of Support for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Department of Labor (DOL)
- Proactively research new legislation and legal changes in immigration law
- Prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines for client cases
- Perform administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Experience with employment-based immigration, preferably in a large law firm environment
- Paralegal Certification or degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; English grammar must be excellent
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Strong client service skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and document/case management systems
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for an extended period at a computer workstation, use a computer and a monitor, and lift to 25 lbs.
- Competitive salary and employee health insurance benefits, including vision and dental insurance
- 15 days of Paid TimeOff during first year of employment, and 9 paid holidays per year
- 401 K plan with firm match and immediate vesting
- Pre-tax benefits for qualifying transportation
- Free gourmet coffee station, healthy snacks, and drinks
- Casual work environment
- Convenient location in downtown Chicago
Global Immigration Associates, P.C., is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other protected classification.