At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL and Venice, CA. But as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s chat.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Handling all U.S. and international employment matters for the Company;
- Assisting, counseling and working closely with the company’s Human Resources team;
- Drafting and negotiating independent contractor agreements and international employment agreements;
- Drafting and revising the employee handbook and other employee-facing documents;
- Managing and resolving all HR compliance issues; and
- Reporting to GC.
What You Bring To The Table:
- A minimum of 10 years of employment law experience, additional experience welcomed;
- Experience at both a large law firm (at least 5 years) and in-house, preferably at a high-growth start-up (at least 3 years);
- Expertise in employment law, specifically for Illinois, California and New York, with familiarity of the laws of other US jurisdictions;
- Experience in handling international employment and independent contractor issues, with expertise in UK, EU and Australian law;
- Specialty in privacy regulations and compliance, including GDPR and US regulations;
- Experience working cross-functionally in-house; especially with tech and business development teams;
- Excellent drafting and transactional skills;
- Ability to do excellent and thorough work quickly in a constantly changing environment, with the ability to pivot and adjust as needed;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and efficiently; and
- Attention to detail.
- Hourly rate is approximately $125, negotiable subject to skills and experience;
- Term of a minimum of 6-12 months with potential for an indefinite time period, approximately 10-20 hours per week; and
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.