At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL and Venice, CA. But as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s chat.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company.
What you'll be doing:
- Draft, obtain internal consensus on, and post new Additional Terms before new products are shipped;
- Handle security related matters;
- Draft and negotiate brand and platform deals;
- Hourly rate is approximately $150+, negotiable subject to skills and experience;
- Term of a minimum of 3 months, 40 hours per week, with potential for an indefinite time period
- Willingness work weekends as needed
What you bring to the table:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience: any additional experience welcomed;
- Experience at both large law firm (at least 5 years) and high growth startup (at least 3 years);
- Specialty in privacy regulations and compliance, including GDPR and US regulations;
- Specialty in drafting platform terms of service and privacy policies;
- High level of expertise in IP law: copyright; trademark; rights of publicity; rights of privacy; and talent agreements; and
- Experience in drafting and negotiating Advertising/Marketing and Promotional agreements.
- Experience working cross-functionally at a startup especially with tech and business development teams;
- Excellent drafting and transactional skills;
- Ability to do excellent and thorough work quickly in a constantly changing environment, with the ability to pivot and adjust as needed;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and efficiently; and
- Attention to detail.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.