Dynamics of the Role
At TransUnion, we know that finding the right people is the reason we’re a global leader in credit information and information management services. We strive to provide an environment that allows our talented people to find success and satisfaction. Now, we’re adding to the team and seeking an Advisor for Global Third Party Risk Management.
The Team’s Focus
TransUnion works with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze, and deliver critical information needed to build strong economies around the world. Protection of that information is critical to our customers and business. As an Advisor, you will be part of the Global Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) team and be responsible for the ongoing review of customer and vendor contracts; as well as the development of Third Party Risk Management policy and standards.
How You’ll Contribute:
Contract Reviews: Review contracts, Master Service Agreements, Business Associate Agreements, Request for Proposals (RFP), Statements of Work (SOW), to determine compliance with TransUnion policies.
On all nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and often work directly with TransUnion attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached. Provide input to management and assess contractual risk.
Provide input to the development of contracts and commercial policies and processes. Provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures..
Collaboration: Build relationships cross functionally and globally with risk stewards, internal stakeholders, and third parties. Promote a risk-aware culture, with effective risk and compliance management practices.
Communication: Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization, including senior management, business stakeholders and third parties. Ensure that risks are promptly and clearly articulated, and escalated appropriately.
Process Improvement: Support projects that help improve the assessment process and support our overall Third Party Risk Management strategy. Communicate with management regarding project obstacles and take ownership of their resolution to continue progress towards deliverables and timelines.
Who You’ll Work With
In this critical role, you will work with TransUnion technology and business teams, and risk stewards such as Audit and Compliance. Externally you will work with vendors, business partners, customers, third parties and related agencies.
What We Expect
· You will support and lead the review of security requirements in customer and vendor contracts.
· You will communicate with TransUnion business and technology leaders.
What You’ll Bring:
· As an Advisor, you should have 5 – 7 years of information technology experience, preferably with Information Security responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management systems or related field.
· Familiarity with current information security technologies and past experience in multiple of the following domain areas: Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Infrastructure Security, System & Data Security, Physical and Environmental Security, Business Continuity/Disaster Recover, and Regulatory/Standard Compliance.
· Familiarity with industry frameworks and standards such as SSAE18, PCI, and ISO 27001/27002.
· Information Security (CISSP, CISA, Security +) certification is preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint and Excel) and Microsoft Project.