Intellectual Property Strategy at JPMorgan Chase
As a senior leader in IT Organization Management, you'll take a macro view of technology and innovation across the firm to develop solutions that have an everyday impact on customers, clients and businesses around the globe. As a leader of organizational, operational and technological change, you'll build partnerships with business groups across the firm. You'll work closely with high-performing team from multiple job families who share your passion for technology and innovation. When you join JPMorgan Chase & Co., you gain access to the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree (JD, MBA, Masters in IP)
- Technology transfer, licensing, and university research engagements
- Proactively identifying and addressing industry, firm-wide, or project risks and opportunities
- Comfort with dynamically shifting priorities, timelines, and demands
- Differentiated communication approach based on target audiences (analyst to senior executives, technical and non-technical)
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Collaborating, influencing, and leading during complex projects
- Ability to build an innovative culture
- Strategic planning (e.g., roadmap creation and execution)
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
What do we do?
- Leverage intellectual property protections to safeguard investments in new technology and products
- Create a holistic IP strategy to protect all elements of a product including technology innovation, branding, and design elements
- Manage and maximize the firm’s intellectual property portfolio
- Provide research and insight support among technology, product development, and digital innovation teams to identify, recognize, and react to market shifts early and quickly
- Develop firm-wide culture to incentivize inventors and innovation and recognize the value of intellectual property protection
- Support external partnerships, business deals, licensing, and cross-line of business collaboration
You have experience with:
- 10+ years of relevant experience working with intellectual property at an operating company, consulting group, university, or law firm
- Expertise on industry IP trends and emerging technologies
- Hands-on familiarity with high priority initiatives and work with senior business, operations, and technology managers
- Building relationships with business, operations, and technology management, internal inventors, and stakeholders
- Producing proactive market assessments, market mapping, competitive intelligence, or company deep-dives
- Developing and managing career opportunities for IP professionals
- Managing multiple efforts simultaneously across a broad range of functions, business and organizational units
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.