Law Clerk (Summer 2021-Remote) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add an extraordinary remote intern to our Legal team.
What is a Law Clerk?
As a Law Clerk at Clearcover, you’ll be immersed in corporate legal culture and gain hands-on experience in a variety of legal areas. Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and strong experience in legal research and writing. The Law Clerk will report directly to our Associate Counsel and collaborate closely with the legal & compliance department.
What will you do?
- Conduct legal research and analysis on various assignments
- Assist with drafting of legal memoranda and other documents
- Review and analyze contracts
- Document organization (Contract Wrangler)
- Collaborate with Clearcover’s Legal & Compliance Team on various initiatives
What do you need?
- Currently enrolled as a 1L or 2L at an ABA-accredited law school
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Experience with legal research and writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Has a proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Passion for technology, entrepreneurship, or insurance
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly pay
- 12-week internship
- Part-time opportunity ranging from 15-30 hours per week
- Remote experience
- Exposure to a startup company
- Understanding of the insurance industry
- Collaborative team culture
- High-energy work environment